(Grumpy Old People) This is written on behalf of grumpy old people…like me, and maybe you!…to Julia Gillard.
Dear Julia, Please find below my suggestion for fixing our economy. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
Part 1. There are about 350,000 people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
- They MUST retire. 350,000 jobs vacant – unemployment fixed
- They MUST buy a new Australian car. 350,000 cars ordered – Car Industry fixed
- They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage – Housing Crisis fixed
- They MUST buy $100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week ….. and there’s your money back in duty/tax etc
- Instead of stuffing around with the carbon emissions trading scheme that makes us pay for the major polluters, tell the greedy bastards to reduce their pollution emissions by 75% within 5 years or we shut them down.
It can’t get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know. If not, please disregard.
- Let’s put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.
- This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.
- They’d receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they’d receive money instead of paying it out.
- They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.
- Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.
- A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.
- They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.
- They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.
- Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ’s and legal aid would be free, on request.
- Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.
- Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.
- There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.
- The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.
- Live in a tiny room and pay $1,000.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.
Think about this (more points of contention): Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria? And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls.. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments posted in a courthouse or Parliament, is this – You cannot post ‘Thou Shalt Not Steal’, ‘Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery’ and ‘Thou Shall Not Lie’ in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians. Apparently it creates a hostile work environment.
If you don’t want to forward this for fear of offending someone — YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for grumpy old folk in Australia to speak up! Yes, it is about time LOTS of us spoke up. And we are not grumpy to do so just dissatisfied with current government and their lack of decent policies.
Source: This is circulating around email lists via grumpy old people.